Aging Gayfully Training
Date and time
About the event
The lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) population is commonly estimated to be around 10% of the total population. However, among the elderly, these people remain invisible, mainly for fear of disclosing their difference. This phenomenon has significant repercussions on their well-being and their health, and numerous studies highlight the fact that LGBT seniors constitute a particularly vulnerable population.
This training will cover:
- an introduction to the components of sexual and gender diversity
- a presentation of the issues and realities experienced by seniors, according to the generations
- an overview of the issues facing LGBT caregivers
- good practices to adopt to better meet the needs of LGBT seniors
- the testimony of an LGBT senior
- a question-and-answer period.
Free event open to all, registration required.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org / (438) 384-1058
The Fondation Émergence also offers this training on request to groups of 10 or more, for more information contact us directly: julien.rougerie@fondationémergence.org